Sunday, April 12, 2009

Heart of a Servant Sundays

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful day with your families. We have had such a good day. We went to church this morning, and then my parents and my grandmothers came over for lunch and for egg hunting with our two-year old son. He loved it! He is now a huge fan of the Easter bunny! :)

I hope that you all were able to fulfill your "Heart of a Servant Sunday" goal for last week. I just know that if you will do small, kind things for other people, that you will feel so blessed.

What are you going to do this week to help someone? I am going to take some of my son's clothes that he has outgrown up to my office. My workplace is collecting donations for those who lost everything in the firestorms that we had this past week. So many people lost everything except the clothes that they were wearing. If you can't think of something to do for someone this week, maybe you could pray for these people. They are going through such a difficult time, and they definitely need our prayers. Prayer is such a powerful tool that God has given us! Thank you Lord for giving us this outlet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post! This week I volunteered to purchase some items for the less fortunate people in our community

Life with the Lees said...

That's great! I am sure that your efforts were greatly appreciated! Keep up the good work!